Friday, February 03, 2006

evolution

well,
God made me smart but evolution is taking its toll.

I am soaking myself in thoughts. morbid? may be, may be not.

its been a horrendous week. i have been juggling with 2 professors for time.
had a out of turn mid term for macro economics, that was fun (really)
working on lotsa homeworks for Financial Statement Analysis, thats fun too
i got a level 1 certification on bloomberg terminal.
wait a minute, looks like the week was not that horrible after all!

ok, here is something to muse on.
i have been applying to companies, boutique investment banks, big time investment banks, financial service sector, corporate finance functions for the last 1 month. Hopefully i get to hear something from them other than a mail saying "thank you for your interest"
in the last 2 days i think i have applied for atleast 2 million companies, so i am expecting something out of it.

life is going on otherwise.
guess what, i am supposed to receive the refund of my tution fees and yes, i am still waiting for it. There are always some administrative issues involved. In my case i guess later is better, so i wont end up spending the money earlier than i have to :)

i spoke to my parents today,
it is one of the the most satisfying things i do in all week. I think you have to be really close to the loved ones, may it be ascendents or descendents. Things going good, i think i should have them visit me this year, so they can help me set up my apartments and i will have time (and more importantly money) to take them and show them this place. Believe me there is lots to see in New York no matter which age group you belong to. There are always plenty of places to interest anyone.

college is going on good, got some more of the mid terms coming up, well, not more, its just one. not too sad about it. In fact if i get all A's in this semester i will be up in 3.95
here is something to muse on "scores don't matter much in a Grad School"
however, a good score keeps me happy

now i gotta hit the sack and get ready to brave the weather tomorrow
in case you didn't know, it snowed 27 inches, highest ever recorded in the NY city.
so have to maneuver my way around the stickiness and all the slush, its very yucky!
but i guess we have no ther choice but to live the way the big man wants us to :)

did i mention that my girl got me luck. As soon as we got engaged and came back to NY, I got another assistantship with another professor, which essentially paid towards my fees and living expenses :)
its just a tip of the iceberg. theres more where that came from. and its only a beginning :)

well,
personally, to quote myself again

"Waiting for a change of season all the winter's been so long
searching for a rhyme or reason you just have to move on"

till then
vathsa
Who else!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey this is nice

Friday, March 17, 2006 10:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home