Saturday, February 18, 2006

hell is just unfreezing

yeah,
hell had frozen for the last couple of weeks, but intermittently.

We had temperatures fall to almost single digits and also had temps at 60's. supposedly this is the best february weather New York had in ages. that keeps me happy :). Yesterday we had 50 mph winds. come to think of it, it is the top speed of a car in bangalore. wow, theres a comparison.

life is going on, i got onto reading a super super book on hedge funds called all about hedge funds!. Makes a non finance person understand the investment universe. its nice, i am half way done, gotta be able to finish it by this weekend.

since i have only 3 classes in my business school this semester, i don't have much of homeworks. there are a few, but nothing unbearable. my work with professors have been going great. The research that i was working on with Prof. Goswami, is gonna get published in a elite finance journal, so there are 2 more lines to my Resume. also, did i mention that i got a certification from bloomberg, in case i didn't, there you go.

trying to keep myself occupied, coz internship hunting can be taxing on your balance. In the last week alone I have applied for about 30 investment firms. still waiting. What makes me uncomfortable is the fact that I have to wait. I am one of the persons that needs instant gratification. during the wait time, i can be overbearing. well, i pity latha :)

spoke to my parents today, well, i called them as soon as i woke up, its nice to talk to your parents whenever you feel like. I have seen them only last month, but i still miss them.

latha is in florida on a business conference. she is gonna be back on sunday evening. she is gonna see Shamu the killer whale in Orlando seaworld.

I havn't got slightest clue as to what i will be doing over this weekend. I have some plans, like may be i can scare myneighbours by playing on my guitar, the same 11 songs over and over again. or i can clean the room again, but it still won't be clean. I can wash my clothes, but they are not that many so i can wait for 'nother week. looks like i am stuck with the non pressing homeworks.

life is gonna be good.
if anything changes, will pen the same

till then
vathsa
who else!

1 Comments:

Blogger Surya said...

hey vatz ...
congrats bout ur bloomberg certification... hope the placement hunting ends soon ... bet the best wud be at ur disposal.. hey and nice to know bout ur unplanned WE, gues things r seldom unplanned with u...

Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home